Friday, May 21, 2010

The Budget!

This post is not really going to be about the budget - although I do feel like John Key has personally said to me "run out and buy yourself something pretty young lady" with the whole 14 dollars extra a week he has given me. But I guess with the added GST on the something pretty it will all be something pretty disappointing.
I may not really want to talk about the budget, but I do want to talk about the dangers of facebook, and to be precise the invitation aspect of facebook.
Tomorrow night I am going to a engagement party that I don't think I am really invited to. I was invited via facebook - and I gladly said yes, because quite frankly there were some rather dishy young men who had also said they were going; and as I may be turning into a cougar I thought I should go and practise my prowling skills. Here is the part of the story that reveals I may not have meant to be invited, but was just an accidental slip of the button on facebook. I bumped into the female half of the engaged couple as she was out shopping for, and I quote "shoes to wear to an engagement party" I replied, "How handy, you could also wear them to your own" she then said "if we have time to have one" Hmmmmmmm, I thought, that is awfully strange because according to your facebook page you have already booked out part of The Southern Cross and invited lots of guests (me included) and many people have said yes (also, me included) Are you telling me that you are now going to facebook them all and tell them that you actually don't have the time, even though you do have the shoes?? Nope, I don't think that is what she meant at all, I actually think she did not go through a process of selection on her facebook page and now she has a whole bunch of people coming who she does not really want to see (me included)
Oh well, never mind, I will just go a prowlin' in a pretty little outfit which will only cost me 14 dollars. Thanks again John.

7 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Bin Hire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bin. May I just call you Bin? I do feel like I know you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we will hear about the whole disaster in the next post. It will be full of drama no doubt - prowling (really stalking), cold looks, alcohol -fuelled hot looks, argument, fighting and subsequent eviction. No wait. That was a flashback. That was Richard and I when we attended parties uninvited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe this makes me laugh!!!! Hope you didn't get any funny looks at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did The The you go The The to the The The party? The The Tell us what The The happened The The!
    The The THe Guy

    ps. Fflur The The you can call me The The.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "May I just call you Bin?"
    Either Bin, or Mr Hire, is fine.
    Bin Hire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people call me Different, but really my name is Bill.
    Different Time Zone Bill

    ReplyDelete