Sunday, July 18, 2010

So long holidays...

I am putting off going to bed tonight because that makes it seem like the morning comes quicker. I am only dreading the early morning get up tomorrow, apart from that painful experience I am really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Sure I have not done all the work that I should have done in the holidays, sure I will have to drag myself out of bed at 6:50 every morning, sure I will have to eat at set times instead of grazing all day. But I have missed my students and I am really looking forward to seeing them again, and I am really excited about seeing my year 11 Drama class and getting to work with them on their scripted scenes; I am so excited to see what they will do with them because they are an amazingly positive and creative bunch of lovelies (they are also my form class, so I may be a little biased about how lovely they are, you can't help but love your form class)
I also really love the 3 other amazing people in the performing arts department. Sam is amazingly organised, motivated, motivating and inspiring. Renata always sees the positive side of things and makes me want to be a nicer person. Brent is crazy funny and always makes me laugh. I get to sit next to the best people. This is a bit gushy isn't it? I will return to my non gushy self soon, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. I can tell that you are staying up because you posted this at 2.00 AM.
    Don't worry about being gushy. Its good to have bestest best friends isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is a bit gushy isn't it? I will return to my non gushy self soon, I promise."

    Apply to BP.
    They seemingly have an experimental cap to stop gushing.
    Glad you're looking forward to getting back, it does make it easier, although I would draw the line at being really excited.
    I think the last time I was really excited I had trouser tenting problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very different feelings to my return to work! Sounds like you made a really good move. Very pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey- Where's my mention?!??!?!?

    ReplyDelete