Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner from some other world

Last night I went to Logan Brown for dinner. For someone that does not love creating culinary experiences (good or bad ones) I sure do LOVE eating them! It was like I had been transported to some new world last night. One where good, exciting food and flavours are abundant, one where people take pleasure in creating food. I wish I could be like that but you can't change who you are. I tried but my desire to create new dishes was a brief tumultuous affair which only left me more aware of what I was lacking; as did last nights delicious meal.
A side note; the best part of my meal last night was seeing Bennett's face each time a meal was brought out. He exclaimed in wonderment and delight, with eyes as wide as saucers, when they brought us our bread at the start "Has this just been baked?" to which I replied "Yes Bennett, not all bread comes in a plastic bag"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that Bennett and you enjoyed yourself at Logan Brown. The portions aren't huge, but the tastes are great.
    I understand your feelings about creating dishes. When my wife's away and I cook for for my son, he says that apart from my scrambled eggs, everything I cook tastes the same.

    ReplyDelete